Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 123: Ang Thong National Marine Park




We had the opportunity to visit Ang Thong National Marine Park.  Judging by the pictures it may seem like all we saw were some island rock formations *snore* -- but no, it was beautiful! Ang Thong National Marine Park has a total of 42 islands, each has it's unique shape and awe about it.

The speed boat took us snorkeling first. This time around Adonis and I brought our own snorkel gear (lesson learned from Fiji). There were more fish here than there were in Fiji and of course I was very very nervous! When you dipped your head into the water you can hear the fish chattering! *ah* I was afraid the fish would bite me. Of course they didn't but there were hundreds and hundreds of fish *duh, we were snorkeling* lol.

After snorkeling we got a tour of the islands by boat and had lunch at a fisherman's island (Phaluai Island). The life on the island was so simple and so secluded -- but I still got internet connection on my celli. Kinda makes you think why there are so many deadzones if you a secluded island can get receptions perfectly well. Anyway... I digress.

We got to see a faux James Bond island (a look alike) and we went to Koh Phi Phi island where the movie "The Beach" was filmed! Woot! If you haven't watched that movie, then you should check it out. We also checked our an emerald lagoon that was completely surrounded by a mountain.  Even though the day was an orchestrated touristy thing to do, it gave Adonis and I the chance to see other islands of Thailand. Something that we could do on our own if we had a speed boat and knew how to navigate the sea and we are 0-2 on that so touristy stuff won.

We ended the night by having dinner at Asa-Dor BBQ on Chaweng Beach Rd.

1 comment:

  1. WE ARE....PENN STATE(responds Adonis) haha I kid I kid.

    And Thong is added to the list. AAAhhh fish chattering really(freaky) Oh how romantic secluded island lunch (i'm jealous)

    ReplyDelete