Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 297: Australia Day

Today is Australia Day. It is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, the date commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788 and the proclamation at that time of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of New Holland.


So I asked my Aussie friends, 
"Hey Aussie friends, what do you guys do to celebrate Australia day?" 
To which they replied, 
"eat lamb, have a barbie, and drink tinnies" and the other, "Eat lamb, drink, and fight with ethnics I think" "remember.. we did orginiate from criminals!"


So if you want to celebrate Australia day, thats how you do it folks. Hilarious if you ask me. We started our evening in St. Kilda. We went to the Twilight Market by Luna Park, and it was a lot of fun. There were several food vendors, Capt. Calamari and the Belgian Waffles, among our favorites. As well, there was plenty of clothing and accessory vendors as well....trouble! 





In any case, today marked the first of my "Four Days of Fun." To bid myself farewell, I scheduled "events" so to speak so I could see everyone before I left. Tonight we ended up at old faithful, Kingpin Bowling. We grabbed a few drinks on the water front and finished the night at the arcade! Sometimes you gotta keep the fun simple. I had a lot of fun with my P.I.C. and am looking forward to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment