Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 175: Part of a Whole




From Diana

It's been a while since we hit you with some relationshipy stuff, so here goes:

Before we got married I always considered us a partnership. There was no "I" or "me". It was always "us", "We" and "ours". My troubles are his troubles, his worries are my worries. What's mine is his and what's his is mine. That way of thinking is one of our marriage mantras.

This concept took a slightly different meaning once we were married and living together. Now, I really am a part of a whole. It's not conceptual anymore. It is very real. These past few weeks we have experienced some things that we hadn't in the past and that feeling of "part of a whole" has magnified. I could suddenly feel his pain, his happiness, his joy, and even his desire for a juicy steak! We all have friends and family that we would die for but let me tell you the feeling of "I'd die for you" is different when it comes to your husband. Being part of a whole means that it is impossible to be comfortable if he is uncomfortable, impossible to be happy if he is sad, or even impossible to feel satisfied, if his desires are insatiable. 

I only hope that those that are, part of whole, appreciate what they have. It's an honor and a pleasure to be one with someone. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this post. it is so very true and in this day in age there are so many married singles and maybe that is the reason the divorce rates are so high they view their partner as disposable and always belive they are better off w/o and from the beginning they are planning the demise or death of the marriage (MY wedding, the house is mine in my name, YOUR kids, etc) its not what mine is yours, your problems or sadness is mine. All about part to a whole which reminds me of a post you two wrote early on in the blog.

    ReplyDelete