Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 160: Three Blind Mice



Three blind mice, three blind mice,
See how they run, see how they run...
This city! 
Did I mention, I love my friends? By now all of our faces are hurting from laughing sooo much, all day, all night. Not quite sure how Diana is dealing, but she is. We headed to St. Kilda today. Luna Park, da beach, St. Kilda Pier, a lil Fessh & Cheps, and to meet up with our new friend Rachel. (4th Rachel we met that weekend, our favorite Rachel!) 
I thought Luna Park was bigger and catered to adults. Wrong and wrong. But that did not take away from the character and symbolism. Just like with Astro Park at Coney Island, you could feel the history and see the age and deterioration. Which all leant to a feeling of "I hope they never tare this place down." 
Just as a side note: If you don't know, Diana and I are both from Brooklyn. Born and raised Bedstuy. CONEY ISLAND IS A NEIGHBORHOOD not the boardwalk and theme park. The theme park was named, Astro Land, not Coney Island. I haven't been there in a couple years, but I believe they've rebuilt or are in the process of rebuilding and it has been renamed, Luna Park as well. Moving on,

We walked down the main strip after meeting Rachel at Luna Park, and found a Fish&Chips spot to patronage. Good conversation and good food led to us walking it off. We ended up at St. Kilda Pier where it was so windy, the kite surfers were pulled over 5ft out of the water at times. We walked to the rocky outcrop and searched for penguins, no luck. The weather began to turn for the worst so we decided to head home. 

We ended the night with some good wine and the movie Hot Rod.....SMH, why haven't I seen this movie before....
Did you ever see such a thing in your life,
As three blind mice?

1 comment:

  1. looks like you guys are having so much fun--ahh I love bromance

    ReplyDelete