|Sorry for the super low quality picture. It was really dark on the plane and I was half asleep!|
Yes... 18 hours in the air.
What does one do to make it through 18 hours of sitting in the same seat? Here's what I do:
(1) Stay up for the first 4 hours
- This time I watched two movies on the iPod and some t.v. shows
- Eat your meal
(2) Sleep for 6-8 hours
- Bring a sleeping pill or NyQuil
(3) Assuming you slept for 8 hours, spend the next two hours awake.
- Have a snack
(4) Sleep for another hour
(5) You'll be up for the last few hours which you can spend eating your 2nd meal, reading a book or watching a movie, freshening up in the bathroom, and getting ready for landing. Oh, and drink coffee just in case you need a pick-me-up.
This flight was much better than the one we had from Melbs to L.A. I think my neck pillow made all the difference in the world. If you are in the market for a neck pillow, then I highly recommend the XpresSpa Neck Pillow. The pillow is firm so it actually supports your head and neck and feels good on your skin because it's soft.
I have to give props to Adonis for putting me on to this neck pillow. And, I'd also like to have a moment of silence for Adonis' black XpresSpa neck pillow that was lost during our big trip last month.
XpresSpa Neck Pillow... just get one.