Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 6: Wine-o's


Here's the quick background on this wine:  Long story short... Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc is one of my all time favorite wines. I tried so hard to find this wine at a regular liquor store, but no luck.  Our second year together, Adonis ordered two bottles of this wine and two Cakebread engraved wine glasses for my birthday.  I was soooo excited.  The popped the first bottle on my birthday and we popped the 2nd bottle when we closed on our first house!!

Fast forward years later.  As wedding gift, my very thoughtful co-worker and his wife bought us a congratulatory bottle of wine for our wedding.  I pull the bottle out of the cute packaging and POW! There it is... one of my hard-to-find favorites!! I was so excited... I swear I wanted to open the bottle right then and there.  But I resisted the urge and waited... 6 months and 2 days later of being married, we finally opened the bottle.  Honestly, this is THE best bottle of Cakebread I've had.  Yum!!

P.S. I'm already in love with the bokeh from the new apartment's balcony!

No comments:

Post a Comment