Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 365+


Wow. Today is Day 365.
I have taken a picture every day for a whole year.

This project first started to purely improve my photography by using our life as the subject. I just wanted to learn how to use my DSLR (Nikon D90) better but then, the concept of "Longology" was born. We let you into our lives and showed you how we do this thing called LIFE. The project started with our first day of finally being together and here we are 365 days later but this project is ending with us apart. Ironic, isn't it?!

I could not have completed this project with Adonis' support. He even contributed to the project by writing posts, photographing, and shared his weight loss journey! He didn't let me quit and I didn't want to disappoint him.  He's something special and I'm so blessed to have him as my P.I.C.!

Special shout out to all the "Longologists" who commented on our posts, and even those that never did. We knew someone was checking us out so we wanted to give you quality content.

Here are some highlights/results from the project:

  • I am now a confident photographer.
  • The concept of calling myself an "artist" is no longer awkward
  • My "eye" for photography has dramatically improved
  • I got to know my Micro Four Thirds camera better than my DLSR
  • I bought my first vintage 110 film camera
  • I used four different cameras for the 365 project
  • The project includes photos in 5 different countries
Finally, I narrowed down my photography area of concentration:
                                                                    STREET & URBAN LIFESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHY
On that note keep an eye out for my 2012 series: "The Innocent Bystanders" ;-)
       


Here's are some bonus photos.

Growth As A Photographer


Me & My #1 365 Project Camera Buddy!

1 comment:

  1. BIG CONGRATS on your accomplishment, Diana. I've been one of those silent watchers you mentioned. Even though I did not comment, I really enjoyed your subject matter and keen eye. That's why I want you to help me with my photo lessons. Looking forward to seeing you in PA! Pleasant journey home!

    Sue B @ VGI

    ReplyDelete