Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 228: Always By Your Side


As I walked back to work after lunch today ... I noticed a lot of butterfly/moths flying around. No idea where they came from or why there were so many of them. I happened to look down and saw these two tiny butterflies (or moths), and my heart melted.  Like a true photographer, I had my camera in hand to snap the photo. I was afraid of getting too close because I thought the butterfly would fly away, but it didn't. It stayed right next to it's injured, and maybe half dead, partner. It was extremely windy too, but the butterfly did not budge.

In my head, these two are lovers... and they were beautiful. If this were me and Adonis, I wouldn't leave him. I'd be right there by his side.  I couldn't imagine leaving him if he were hurt. No wind, no giant could make me move.

I went back after work and I didn't see them. Maybe the hurt one recovered and flew away. Or, maybe the live one flew away after the wind took the other one away.


Friday Night:
We met up with some friends at Shinssi Hwaro Korean BBQ.  It was our first time ever having Korean BBQ and we liked it! You order a bunch of meat and veggies and throw it on the gas grill at your table. It all smelled and tasted good. The tubes from the ceiling are just vents to suck up all the BBQ smoke. Our only complaint is that the food wasn't filling, but we would definitely go back.

 It wasn't our first time in this area but we were pleasantly surprised to find more laneway art as we walked back home that night:

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE the pic of the butterflies... very poetic.

    and the laneway art is fantastic. how nice that it seems you guys are surrounded my art so often, even by surprise when you turn the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the butterflies are definitely one of my favorite from our 365. I definitely learned how important it is to have your camera on-hand all the time.

    The art is definitely inspiring and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love the mariposas, what a wonderful picture..made me feel warm and fuzzy and i also love the last pic. It's amazing the things you see when you are seeking to take in all of your surroundings! Love that you are using all of your senses and posting pics and descriptions that make us feel like we are there. Now get these damn tickets to go down in price so I can visit grrr

    ReplyDelete